Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 6: Getting back into the groove

Kilometres this week:  26kms
Other training: 2 hours yoga
Funds raised to date: $1410.00


Training
I got back into a more normal training groove this week with three runs - the longest of which was 13kms along the LaHave River and through Peace Park (where this photo was taken).  My right leg felt great during the two shorter runs (on Tuesday and Friday) but I had to call my husband to rescue me when my knee seized up and became very painful at around the 12km mark today - which was disappointing because I had planned to run 20kms.

It's irritating to be dealing with an injury - but at least it's early in enough in my training that I know I have lots of time to figure out what the trouble is before race day. My chiro did some serious (read "painful") work on my right calf and hamstrings last week and taught me two new stretches which seem to be helping so hopefully I'll be back to full strength before long. This week I'll focus on easy running, yoga and ice. Hill training will just have to wait until the knee is up to it.

Fundraising
My fundraising got a boost this week when several former College classmates responded to an appeal I sent late last week with donations and messages of support for Kirsi - for which I'm truly grateful. My plan for the coming week is to reach out to more former classmates, catch up on thank you notes, and investigate a couple of fundraising projects for later this summer.

If you haven't yet sponsored me, please consider visiting my TNT fundraising page soon!  www.tinyurl.com/not-about-the-necklace. My initial goal is to raise $4,000 by August 1st so any amount you are able to contribute will be greatly appreciated!

BTW, click here for more pics from my long run today. I feel so lucky to be able to run in such beautiful places.

No comments:

Post a Comment