Monday, May 23, 2011

Here I go again

It's official. I've registered to run the San Francisco Nike Women's Marathon as a member of Team in Training Flex - a national team made up of partipants from across the country. I'm excited and a little nervous.  On the one hand, this is my second TNT event and my sixth marathon (assuming I successfully run my fifth next month), so I'm confident I can handle both the training and the fundraising. On the other, there's a little voice in my head musing about the challenges of fundraising for a second event (when friends and family were so generous the last time), and training when my life is so busy and my body is a couple of years older.

Fortunately, I had the pleasure of watching and cheering for a few dozen TNT participants who ran the Bluenose Marathon and Half Marathon yesterday. The looks on their faces as they passed - the pride, determination and, a few cases, tears - strengthened my commitment to going on this journey again. Also of great help were the notes of encouragement and support I received from Kirsi and Jon's family this week. They will be in my thoughts daily in the weeks and months ahead.

I hope you'll check back here often to see how my training and fundraising are going, and share my blog with your family and friends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment